Dental Office Advanced Safety Protocol – Hackettstown, NJ
Keeping Staff and Dental Patients Better Protected
We are pleased to inform you that at this time, we have re-opened our dental office for necessary dental care to be provided by the dentist to our valued dentistry patients. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same - our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our dental office. Our dental office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
Below is our new patient interaction protocol for patient & staff safety:
- Our front desk will call patients one day before their appointments to go over COVID prescreening
- If a patient is not available, we will leave a message for the patient to call back
- All patients are requested to come in with a face mask or a face cover, otherwise, there will be no service
- Patients are to stay in their cars upon arrival at the dental office and call our front desk at 908-509-4411 to check-in
- The front desk once again goes over COVID prescreening questions over the phone
- No waiting by patients in the lobby
- Patients are called in only when the operatory is ready
- No patient companion is allowed inside the lobby, and only one parent is to accompany underage patients
- The front desk takes the patient’s temperature, records, and files the prescreening form
- The patient will be asked to sanitize their hands in the lobby
- The patient is taken directly to the operatory
- When service is completed, we send one patient at a time to the front desk for check out
- The patient is to stand behind the plexiglass shield installed at the front desk
- Patients are requested to inform our dental office if they develop COVID symptoms within 14 days of the date of service
- All our dental healthcare & front office staff members are equipped with necessary PPEs to perform their respective job functions
- We disinfect operatories after 15 minutes of each procedure and bring in the next patient to the operatory after a gap of 15 minutes
- No dental office tours for new patients
- No water or juice in the refrigerator for patients in the lobby
- No magazines in the lobby
- No toy box made available to kids
We apologize for any inconvenience and request patients’ co-operation to help us adhere to the above protocols for everyone’s safety.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our dental office. To make an appointment, please call our dental office at 908-509-4411.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back. We are also accepting new patients and sincerely appreciate referrals of your family, neighbors, and friends to our dental office.
Dr. Arindam Kakkar DDS